• ½ cup bulgur wheat
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 cup boiling-hot water
• 2 cups finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (from 3 bunches)
• ½ cup finely chopped fresh mint
• 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
• ½ seedless cucumber, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
• 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon vinegar
• ¾ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Stir together bulgur and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a heatproof bowl. Pour boiling water over, then cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap and let stand 15 minutes. Drain in a sieve, pressing on bulgur to remove any excess liquid.
Transfer bulgur to a bowl and toss with remaining ingredients, including the second tablespoon of olive oil, until combined well.
Serve tabbouleh with grilled chicken or fish or meat or with falafel.