Ingredients (Makes approx 30 muffins)
125 ml sunflower oil
1 cup dark brown or brown sugar
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup brown flour
1½ cups cake flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 cup oats
1 cup digestive bran / wheat bran
1 tsp salt
½ – 1 tsp cinnamon powder
1½ cups plain yoghurt
2 grated carrot OR 2 grated apple OR 2 mashed bananas OR ½ cup raisins or fruit cake mix
½ cup sprinkle nuts to sprinkle on each once before baking (optional)
In a large airtight container:
– Whisk the oil, eggs, sugar, milk and vanilla together
– Add remaining dry ingredients and mix
– Add the yoghurt and your variation of choice and mix together, but do NOT overmix
– Seal the container and place in fridge overnight
– Scoop into greased muffin tins, sprinkle with nuts (optional) and bake at 190oC for about 15 minutes of until golden brown.
– Allow to cool on cooling wrack
– The mixture will keep in the fridge for 14 days, so bake only as many as you like.
– Alternatively, bake them all, and freeze them individually, and use them as needed by microwaving for just a few seconds.